"Remember that old commercial with the foul-mouthed granny who puts that hot sauce 'stuff' on everything? This is the 2022 version. I put Chili P Red on everything!" - Brenden
We're blowing the trumpet in excitement to formally announce the arrival of our latest vendor, Chili P, to BCause! A Vancouver start up, this red sauce is sure to be your new favourite condiment. Whether you're adding it to a marinade, dunking some chicken wings in it, using it as a base for chilis, or adding a kick to a stir fry - Chili P Red is our new kitchen bestie!
Chili P Red is a mildly hot, super savoury, garlicky tapenade like condiment.
A dash here and there will help you shine like the kitchen star you are. It's hot and spicy and full of garlicky goodness. It will take your cooking on a rocket ride to greatness!
Use Chili P Red as a condiment, the base of a delicious dish, or a gift for your favourite host, because it tastes way better than flowers. Nobody will judge if you grab a spoon and eat it straight out of the jar.
Chili P Red Recipes
Listen, we've all woken up on a Sunday morning feeling a little worse for wear. If you're looking for a little 'hair of the dog' check out this recipe for a take on the Canadian Classic Caesar 👇
2 ounces vodka or gin
1 cup clamato juice
2 dashes worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili p
1 dash pickle juice (trust me)
½ teaspoon horseradish (optional)
1/2 a lime
celery salt (for the rim of the glass)
Suggested garnish- Lime wedge, olives, pepperoni stick, spot prawns, celery
1. In a martini shaker, pour vodka or gin, clamato juice, worchestershire, chili p, dash of pickle juice and horseradish. Add ice and shake.
2. Rub the lime on the outer rim of the glass you are using. Pour the celery salt onto a flat plate and place the rim of the glass into the salt to coat the edge.
3. Fill the glass with fresh ice and using the martini strainer pour the caesar over the ice. Top with garnishes of choice.
CHILI P CHICKEN WINGS
The ultimate snack while watching the game. There's nothing better than a plate of wings. 👇
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp Chili P
1 tsp honey
1 cup flour
1 tbsp corn starch
½ tsp each of salt and pepper
1 litre of frying oil/ vegetable oil
2-3 green onions, sliced
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter, chili p and honey. Set aside.
2. In a Zip Lock bag, add flour, corn starch, salt and pepper. Place your wings in the bag as well and mix up to coat the wings.Remove the chicken and dust off excess flour.
3. In a large pot, heat oil. If you have a thermometer(175°F) if not, drop a tiny bit of flour into the oil. If it sizzles it's ready. Place wings in the oil and cook for 10-15 minutes (internal temp of 170F)
4. Remove the wings and place directly into the butter mixture. Toss to coat and serve garnished with green onions.
CHILI P CEVICHE
Quick, easy, light and refreshing but not short on flavour, this ceviche is a crowd pleaser. 👇
1 lb raw snapper, cubed
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup red pepper, diced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 serano pepper (optional spice)
1/2 cup lime juice
dash of tabasco
salt and pepper, to taste
tostada or tortilla chips
1 avocado, sliced
1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
1-2 tbsp chili p
1. In a large container, place snapper, red onion, red pepper, cilantro and lime juice. Season with tabasco and salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour or maximum 4 hrs. Stirring occasionally.
2. Serve on tostadas with sliced avocado, chili p and sour cream.
** If serving with tortilla chips, place ceviche in a bowl with avocado on top and chili p mixed in.